Monday, April 9, 2012

Bigger Monitors= Higher Productivity

Hello Readers,

Today, I noticed my monitor was beginning to fail, it does things like artifact (doesn't happen on other monitors, definitely not a hardware problem). It's a tiny 18.5" Dell monitor that I picked up in 2007 for $99.99. I feel like editing this HTML  to bring you guys a better reading experience is coming with a toll to my eyes. I did some research, and found that bigger monitors yeild higher producitivity. Check out this statistic from the University of Utah.

"Researchers at the University of Utah tested how quickly people performed tasks like editing a document and copying numbers between spreadsheets while using three different computer configurations:

  1. single 18-inch monitor
  2. single 24-inch monitor
  3. two 20-inch monitors
Here's what they found:
  • People using the 24-inch screen completed the tasks 52% faster than people who used the 18-inch monitor
  • People who used the two 20-inch monitors were 44% faster than those with the 18-inch ones.
  • Productivity dropped off again when people used a 26-inch screen."
I do believe getting a 24 inch monitor may be a better choice for my optical health. I am spending more time on my computer now that I run this site.

Have you had any similar experiences?

Thanks,

MagikalTech

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More