Monday, January 9, 2012

When should you upgrade Mac?

Many Apple Computer owners ask themselves: When should I upgrade?

 My stand-point: I personally own a Early 2007 15" Macbook Pro. It is running 3GB of Ram, and a Core2Duo processor. When I got it, this Macbook pro costed around $2000. Now in 2012, an average Macbook Pro is running a Quad-Core i7 Processor, And around 6 GB of DDR3 Ram. Am I willing, as a consumer, to pay $2000, for a PC only used for browsing the web? Short Answer: No.

My advice to all you Mac Users thinking about upgrading your system: What are you using your Mac for? Are you video editing? Are you gaming? The sad reality is that most softwares (other than Apple's) are usually is not optimized for more than one core.

What is your side on the topic? Let me know in the comments :)

-MagikalTech


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More